Sayreville Recreation Department
Skip to nav
Burke's Park Summer Camp
Have Fun Playing in Burke's Park this summer!
Activities Include: Arts and Crafts, Field Games,
Sports, Board Games, Ping Pong and Volleyball and Playground Activities.
This camp runs for 6 weeks
June 21st 2021- July 29th, 2021
9:00 am to 12:00pm
Camp will be closed Monday July 5th!
Payment listed below are for the entire 6 week program
We will follow all State of NJ guidelines for the prevention and spread of COVID-19 for summer camps issued by the DOH. Our camp's COVID-19 protocols are linked in the document below.
- All parents must fill out the Child Release Authorization form and Acknowledgement and Waiver of Liability forms located below prior to the start of camp. We need these forms back by June 10th. Please email forms to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. They may also be dropped off at the Rec. office.
Face Covering Requirements - Summer Camp (as of 6/10/21)
Sayreville Summer Camp 2021 COVID Guidelines UPDATED 6/10/2021
Our guidance is received from the CDC, NJDOH, and the Borough. All protocol and guidance are subject to change.
How COVID impacts our program…
Face coverings / masks
- During arrival and dismissal: *recommended* for all unvaccinated campers, staff, and caregivers due to the crowded, potentially non-socially distanced setting
- When groups intermix and social distancing cannot be maintained: recommended
- When in indoor space (i.e. bathrooms): *recommended*
No camper, staff member, or caregiver will be required to wear a face covering outdoors at the Sayreville Burkes Park Camp. It is recommended that unvaccinated campers, staff members, and caregivers wear face coverings when social distancing cannot be maintained, even at our outdoor camp setting.
Increased sanitation and cleaning protocols
- Small and inclusive groups
- Current guidance limits group size to a maximum of 20 campers per group
- Counselors will remain with the same group
Plans for COVID
- Daily temperature checks and screening prior to camp admittance
- Please screen your child for symptoms of COVID-19 and other illnesses prior to camp each day, and keep them home if they are not feeling well.
- In the event a camper or counselor has symptoms or is exposed, we will take the necessary precautions (isolate and send home, report to Middlesex County Office of Health Services)
- In order to offer a safe camp for everyone, please be vigilant in your non-camp daily activities.
We understand and respect that every family has varying risk tolerance and comfort with the spread of COVID-19. Campers, staff, and caregivers who wish to wear a face covering, regardless of vaccination status, are encouraged to do.
We look forward to providing a safe and healthy camp this summer.
Brian VanDongen, CPRP
Director of Recreation
Borough of Sayreville
- Burkes Park is a completely outdoor program.
- Activities are usually as follows (crafts, games, playtime, sports, water activities, snack time)
- All the participants do the same activities but there are just different levels of crafts and games for the age groups.
- In the event of severe weather (thunder and lightning and downpours)
- you will be notified by the Instructor or the Recreation office if program is canceled by e-mail.
- No Refunds
- Note: Camp Starts June 21st
- Note: Camp will be closed on Monday, July 5th
- All parents must fill out the Child Release Authorization form and Acknowledgement and Waiver of Liability forms prior to the start of camp. We need these forms back by June 10th.
Additional Forms and Files: